I am so grateful to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Kay at His Perfect Timing! Her blog is about facing whatever challenges you have with a positive attitude, and I look forward to seeing her posts pop up in my Reader each day. Check out her blog here.
Here are the rules to follow for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog;
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 new questions; and
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your site.
Below are my answers to Kay’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging? I hoped that by sharing my journey to reclaiming my hope and learning to live well with fibromyalgia, I could inspire others to find what works for them and help them live a full, healthy life regardless of the challenges they face.
2. What are some of your favorite blogs and why? Wow! That’s tough! I have so many favorites, and for so many different reasons! I would have to say my top three are The Power of Story – Mitch Teemley is a Master Storyteller, and his “scar stories” crack me up (maybe because I’m a bona fide klutz too); Once Upon a Hot Flash – I love Deb’s Daily Grateful posts; and His Perfect Timing – Kay’s devotions are always uplifting and applicable to my daily life.
3. Tell us a little bit about yourself. I’m a wife, mother (though we’re empty nesters now), and child of God. I retired from the Air Force in 2000, and since then, I’ve worked as the Finance Officer for a small town, went back to school to get my B.S. in Religion, and became certified as a Personal Trainer and Health Coach. Now I just enjoy my retirement and use my time to blog, work in my little garden, and spend time with my wonderful hubby.
4. How has blogging changed your life? It has given me a renewed sense of purpose – to write posts that help other people live their best lives in spite of health challenges.
5. What is most important to you? My relationships with The Lord and with my family.
6. If you could go back in time, what is one thing you would change? Nothing – without everything I’ve been through, I wouldn’t be who I am today. Of course, I’d love to correct some mistakes I made, but you just never know how that would impact today either.
7. What do you think is the most important thing a blogger can provide for their readers? Posts that improve their lives in some way, whether it’s a laugh, some inspiration, or something practical; anything that makes them glad they visited your blog and leaves them feeling better than before they read it.
8. What have you found to be the most challenging in creating your blog? Being consistent with writing. I’m not a natural-born writer like some of you wonderful bloggers, and although I have blog ideas floating around in my head all the time, fleshing them out has proven to be quite the challenge for me.
9. Describe yourself in three words. Big-hearted, determined, fun-loving
10. What are your goals for the next year? Stick to my HOPE plan, increase my blog posts to at least two per week, and develop a clearer plan for exactly how to proceed to provide the best content possible.
11. What advice would you give a new blogger? Well, I’m pretty new myself, so I really should be soliciting advice instead of giving it…. I would just say don’t wait until it’s perfect before you start, or you may never start. Just jump in, and use mistakes as a learning experience.
Okay, this is waaayy too much information about me, so on to the next part.
This award is given to bloggers who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers, so….
MY NOMINEES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD ARE:
Deb at Once Upon A Hot Flash
Claire at Pain Pals
Brigid at Watching the Daisies
Mitch at The Power of Story
Kelly at Kelly Bee
Susan at Rhythm in Life
Sam at Medical Mystery Musings
Sheryl at A Chronic Voice
Shelley at Chronic Mom
Stacey at Chronically Whole
Casey at Casey the College Celiac
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES ARE:
- What would you like us to know about you?
- What inspires you?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your goal for your blog?
- Would you share one of your favorite quotes?
- What has been most rewarding for you since starting your blog?
- What are your hobbies?
- If you were starting all over with your blog, what would you do differently?
- If you had to live in any time in history other than this one, what time period would you choose and why?
- If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would it be?
- What has been your most useful life lesson?
Many thanks again to Kay at His Perfect Timing for the nomination! You made my day!
For all the folks I’m nominating, I hope you’ll play along, but even if you don’t, please know that you inspire me with your blogs, and with your support!